Dr. Kenneth Joseph Diminick
- Post by: mcalibrary
- December 15, 2023
- Comments off
Ken led the Tornadoes during its most successful two-year term. In his senior year he led the Tornadoes in rushing, pass receiving, scoring, punt and kickoff returns and pass interceptions. The team went undefeated for two consecutive seasons and won the Eastern Conference Championship both years. During his career he had 3048 All-Purpose yards. He scored 29 touchdowns, and his average TD run was an amazing 42.3 yards. He averaged 10.4 yards every time he touched the ball.
He attended Villanova University on an athletic scholarship, where he lettered three years for the Wildcats. He led the team with a 5.2 yards average his junior year. He holds the single season and career kickoff and return yardage records at Villanova despite the fact that he graduated in three years and chose to forego his final season of eligibility. He entered Temple University of Dentistry in 1977, and after earning his Degree there he spent three years as a Naval Officer. He is currently in his final year of Orthodontic Residency at Temple. He is married to the former Lori Ann Liszewski of Pennsauken, New Jersey.
Ken Diminick’s Accomplishments
- 1974 honor graduate (10.220) Mt. Carmel High School
- National Honor Society and National Athletic Honor Society
- 1973 AP All State Defense (4rd Team)
- 1972 AP All State Offense (Honorable Mention)
- Pennsylvania Big 33 Team
- Prep All American Team 1973
- Mike Terry and Len Eshmont Awards 1973
- 14 Interceptions; ranked second on MCA All-time List